Happiness is being nominated for awards
not just one or two, THREE awards
I got the awards from:
The first two are Liebester awards. And the last one is a Sisterhood of World bloggers award. So I thought, why not a combined post.. before it is too late.
Its always such an honor to get nominated for an award. Especially, on a platform like where we know each other just through our posts 🙂 Thank you Paardje, Monkey Mind and Amira for choosing me 🙂
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
11 random facts about me
- I am not at all a morning person.
- I love friends / family visiting us. I love cooking and feeding them.
- I am so fond of photography or clicking random photos that I must say that Jay is pushing me to get a good camera.
- I love spending time with kids. One kid or the other from our neighbourhood visits me almost everyday.
- Give me a phone / laptop with wifi and lock me up in a room, I will be happy. Having said that I must confess I am so addicted to the phone these days. Not that I am very active in social media and all. I change my FB profile picture say once in two months. I don’t post any other pics / share anything. On Insta, I share one or two pics a month. I chat with all my favorite people on Whatsapp. I read a lot of blogs on WP. I follow and pin quite a bunch in Pinterest. But I keep going back and refreshing the feed. I don’t know why. Is it cos I am alone at home during daytime? I don’t know.
- I don’t really leave a comment on all the posts I read.
- I am not much of a TV person. We have not bought TV here in US. Jay catches up his favourite shows online.
- I can’t draw a conversation with a random person. I take time to be comfortable with a person. With some I can’t. Once comfortable, I can talk non stop.
- I am ok with a messy house. But once I clean up, I clean up everything perfectly (which happens only once in a blue moon). Please come on appointment unless you wana see the mess.
- I love having hot coffee when it rains.
- I love giving surprise. Something I got after BIL’s entry I must say. His surprise series is a topic for another day.
11 Questions from Paardje
- What’s your favorite song right now?
- Coffee, tea or …?
If you ask me coffee OR tea, I would say Coffee. But I am ok with tea also.
- What’s something that can immediately cheer you up?
- Are you a morning or an evening person?
Not at all a morning person. I am a late late night owl.
- Favorite day of the week?
I love all days
- Name one thing you taught yourself to do.
Crafting, quilling, cooking
- What’s one thing you plan to tick off from your bucket list this year.
To take my not-so-Malayali hubby around Kerala.
- Favorite way to relax.
Sleeping, what not
- What do you like the most about yourself?
I love myself. Completely 😉 On a serious note, my optimism.
- What’s your favorite room in your house?
Err.. We stay in a 1BHK here, that too with an open kitchen. Back home in India, I would say, balcony.
- Favorite hobby?
11 questions from Monkey Mind
- What is the best thing you have done for yourself till now?
- If you can have a free pass to skip a chore today, what would you claim it for?
Being the lazy person I am, I would ask for more passes. Ok.. I will trade it for cleaning the vessels that just piles up in the kitchen sink the moment I finish washing one set. I don’t use the dishwasher.
- What is the one pet peeve of your partner that annoys you? In case you are single, what is the one pet peeve of someone close to you that annoys you?
Ok. This is gona be a long essay. Oh you asked me to mention one? That’s not fair. How can I pick just one. Ok ok.. I would say… procrastination. His act of delaying or postponing something until I yell at the top of my voice and pull out the last strands of my hair. Yes yes.. I can already see him smiling ear to ear when he reads this.
- Books or movies?
- Are you happy with where you are in your life right now? If yes, write a line or two. If no, compare the present and your ideal scenarios.
- Morning person or night owl?
- Any one crazy incident from your college life that you spearheaded/were a part of.
I had written about one yesterday.
- Your personal favorite post from your blog. And reasons, please!
I like this post written about my BFF three years back. I can’t say why is it so dear to me. may be because of the depth of our relationship. Or may be because of the emotions this post carry.
- How much water do you drink in a day?
Very few. I think take just 3-4 glasses only as water.
- Remember when you laughed hard last? What/who cracked you up?
Mmmm.. We had a good laugh watching this movie last day. We still recollect some scene / dialogues and laugh it out.
- What is your signature dish? A picture, if possible.
I am not good at cooking. So I have no signature dish. Fried rice is something Jay asks me to make again and again.
To be continued tomorrow with Amira’s questions and my nominations.